RSS feeds are provided in the Daisy Wiki as a cross-site
The URLs for the default feeds provided by this extension are (replace <sitename> with the name of a site):
http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/minimal-rss.xml http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/normal-rss.xml http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/editors-rss.xml
The differences between these feeds are:
- the minimal feed includes only the name of the documents with a recently published live version
- the normal feed includes only the whole rendered content of the documents with a recently published live version
- the editors feed includes both the rendered content and a diff with the previous version (if any) of the documents with a recently created version (regardless of whether the version is published)
The following notes apply to all the feeds.
- The feeds include the documents modified in the last 14 days, with a maximum of 20 items.
- The feeds are cached for 20 minutes, so changes can take up to 20 minutes to show up in the feed (see below for non-cached feeds)
- By default, the feeds are generated for the "guest" user. To specify another user, append ?login=...&password=... to the URL.
- By default, the feeds are generated for the locale "en-US". To specify another locale, append ?locale=... to the URL, e.g. ?locale=fr or ?locale=nl.
- For the minimal and normal feeds, documents of type Navigation, Image and Attachment are excluded.
Non-cached feeds can be accessed with the following URLs:
http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/minimal-rss-direct.xml http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/normal-rss-direct.xml http://localhost:8888/daisy/<sitename>/ext/rss/editors-rss-direct.xml
To have RSS-links appear on the recent changes page, the RSS feeds need to be configured in the skinconf.xml. The default skinconf.xml contains the config for the above RSS feeds, so you can have a look there to see how its done.